Monday, January 17, 2011

Snack Attack!

So I've noticed there's been a lot of talk lately in the vegan blog scene about junk food.  Sticking to that theme, I'd like to share one of my favorites.  Besides OD'ing on Muhammara and whole wheat crackers from Trader Joe's, I've been having a love affair with Nacho Mom's Ultimate Vegan Queso.  Vegan queso?  Hell yes!  Made from nutritional yeast and an array of spices, this queso has the kick you want and really hits the spot.  Dunk your favorite chips or, my personal favorite, Newman's Own Spelt Pretzels.  Yum!  At only 10 calories a serving (160 for the entire jar) you can mow down guilt-free!  Unfortunately not many stores seem to carry it.  I haven't been able to find it anywhere around here and only came across it at the vegan boutique Ethique Nouveau in Minneapolis.  You can buy it on amazon here.  They seem to be out of it at the moment, but I'm sure they'll stock up soon.  Since Courtney and I have been baking up a storm in preparation for our vegan bakery dream, it's nice to have a low cal/low fat snack to offset the ridiculous amount of baked goods we've been consuming.  Snack away!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I didn't know vegan queso existed! I've mixed Daiya into salsa and microwaved it to make my own pseudo-queso, but this stuff is probably a lot better!

    ReplyDelete