Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'll Stop the World and Melt for You

Sometimes we all feel like a little chocolatey goodness in our lives.  After a nice round of disc golf this evening, I just wanted some velvety chocolate pudding.  Recently I read through a recipe in the September issue of Vegetarian Times for just that.  I looked through my cupboards and improvised a little to come up with a delicious concoction.  What's fabulous about this recipe is that it's incredibly simple and takes less than 15 minutes to make.  I think this pudding would go perfectly with graham crackers (I dipped my Grateful Grahams in it), or a topping for a cake or muffin.  Use your imagination!

Velvet-Smooth Dark Chocolate Pudding
Serves 6

3/4 cup packed light or brown sugar (I used sucanat)
3 Tbs cornstarch
2 1/4 cup unsweetened hazelnut or almond milk (I used 1 can of light coconut milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz vegan semisweet chocolate chips

Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.  Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly to combine.  Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.  Cook 1 minute, or until mixture thickens.  Stir in vanilla, and remove from heat.  Add chocolate chips, and let stand 1 minute.  Stir until smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment