Friday, March 25, 2011

Raving Bunnies!

Yay Herbivores!  Way to go Mad City Vegan Fest volunteers!  We had an amazingly productive meeting last night and the festival is moving along.  This is going to be a great first year for us!  Our confirmed speakers are Jasmin Singer of Our Hen House, Kenny Torello of Mercy For Animals, and cookbook author Terry Hope Romero.  Not too shabby!  I just so happen to be the leader of the After Party Committee, and I will be throwing a kick ass show following the festival June 19, 2011.  So far we have booked the Chicago band The Exponential.  So far so good! 

Special thanks to our sponsors Alliance for Animals, and http://coconutbliss.com/.  If you'd be interested in being a sponsor/exhibitor please visit our site: veganfest.org, or you may contact me.  We are also looking for raffle items, so if you have something to contribute contact me as well.  I'm also on the raffle committee.  :-)  

Okay, now going with my theme of food, I have a product rave!  It is well known in the vegan community that Daiya cheese is the coolest thing since sliced bread.  It's the best vegan cheese out there and they just came out with a new flavor: Pepper Jack!!  Um, yes please!  I just tried it today, and it's amazing!!  I love spice, and this stuff gives me the kick I need.  Daiya, thank your for filling that cheesey void in my life!  We love you! http://www.daiyafoods.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment