Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thank the Monkey...and Karen Dawn!

One of the first books I read once I became vegan was Karen Dawn's "Thanking the Monkey."  I love this book!  It perfectly balances the heaviness and sad nature of the material with upbeat, funny quotations and comics.  And guess who we got to speak at Mad City Vegan Fest?!?!  KAREN DAWN!!  Hell yeah!  So that's right folks, we have Terry Hope Romero, co-author of Veganomicon, Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World and author of Viva Vegan; Jasmin Singer, founder of Our Hen House; Kenny Torello from Mercy For Animals and now Karen Dawn!  This is shaping up to be a wonderful first year!  In addition to great speakers, we'll have food demos, tons of samples, vendors, kids activities, yoga, and some amazing raffle items!  Oh yeah, and did I mention I'm throwing a kick ass after party at the High Noon Saloon?  ;-)  Mark June 19th on your calendars kiddies!  Oh, and contact me or go to veganfest.org to sign up as a volunteer, be a sponsor/vendor, or contribute a raffle item.  Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I just heard from Courtney that Karen actually can't come now :( Sorry to get your hopes up, whoever has read this! But we have many other great speakers scheduled and the fest will be spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete